Signs you may need a dehumidifier
Dehumidifiers work best in areas where damp air collects, like basements. Signs you might want to consider buying a dehumidifier include:
Anyone in the home has a prolonged allergy season, year after year.
You’ve recently moved and your allergies seem to be flaring up more often or worse than they used to.
There’s a persistent damp smell in an area of your home where you frequently spend time.
1. Your space experiences water leakage after heavy rainfall.
2. You notice muggy air in your home when you enter, indicating you can actually see the water vapor in the air.
3. Anyone in the home has an allergy to dust mites.
4. You’ve noticed an increase in unwanted pests, such as spiders, cockroaches, moths, or silverfish.
5. Your clothes smell damp or moldy even when they have been freshly washed.
6. You have persistent symptoms of respiratory illness, such as coughing and runny nose.
Where to buy a dehumidifier
You can buy a dehumidifier at almost any home supply retailer or home improvement store. Appliance stores and department stores also tend to keep them in stock.
Before you purchase, you’ll need to know:
what tank size you’re looking for (how much water the dehumidifier collects at a time before you need to empty it)
what range of humidity the appliance can control
You may also want to figure out the energy costs associated with the appliance before you purchase it.
Buy a dehumidifier online.
A dehumidifier does have some established health benefits. The main benefit is reducing the presence of allergens and irritants in damp areas of your home.
There’s also some indication that a dehumidifier can make breathing easier for people who have asthma.
Dehumidifiers are accessible and easy to purchase. Giving one a try might make a difference in the comfort level you experience at home.